Monday, December 15, 2008

Nerd or rather, Herd


Ahem, I don't believe I have made it known publicly that I am a Harry Potter Nerd. I am, a big one. I mean I don't have a scarf or glasses or a wand, but I could rattle off quite a few spells if asked to do so. So, naturally I am dying to read this latest bit of greatness from J.K. Rowling. I am however waiting for Christmas because I am a huge nerd and am waiting for a special occasion.

Also, it has come to my attention that Twilight and Harry Potter are being compared as equals. This must stop, Harry Potter is in a whole other echelon of nerdiness, the great kind. Twerds are a whole different breed of Nerds (mostly distinguished by the fact that they have never read Lord of the Rings and that they tend to have black & red themed parties.)

Let's make sure that pre-teen literature remains compared to it's correct peers. Harry Potter to Lord of the Rings and Twilight to the Baby-Sitters Club. Now I have angered 4 different kinds of nerds, impressive I know.

8 comments:

n.davis said...

hahaha. It's true though. Twilight has NOTHING on Lord of the rings and Harry Potter. NOTHING.

Jess Hammond said...

Dude, Twilight can't touch Harry P or LOTR. Those books are timeless and will be read and re-read for the rest of our lives. I for one will never have the inclination to re-read any of the Twilight books.
We are also waiting for Christmas to start the new book. Hurray, I will read it to the boy.

Danielle Hatch said...

as a closet former member of the 'babysitters club' book of the month club from the book order, i must protest and say that I found mary ann, claudia, kristy, etc. way more interesting (at the time mind you, it's been a few years)than the Twilight girl. and now that i've outed myself as a BSC nerd, i can continue my day shrouded in shame :)

Ashley Davidson said...

I have no inclination to read Twilight. I do love Harry Potter and LOTR. Iwill, however, perhaps bring ridicule upon myself when I say that I don't have an inclination to read the latest Rowling addition. (Can't wait for the next movie, though!)

Joe said...

No, it's true. Harry Potter IS good literature.

Allison Tiek said...

Meikel, you forgot to mention the fact that you have Harry Potter as your ring tone. If that doesn't scream nerd, I don't know what else can. :)

Family Oils said...

HaaHaa HoHo HeeHee!! I'm a bigger nerd, since I like all of them!!

[Morgan] said...

ha ha. i'm totally picturing you with your scarf and glasses, wand in hand. too funny.
i've never read or seen either and even i know twilight is no harry potter or lord of the rings.
boo.