Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Grey and Smoked Salt Caramels from Frans Chocolates are what I think heaven must taste like. Perfect caramel draped in silky delicious dark and milk chocolate and topped off with gorgeous salt crystals . . . ummmm salt crystals. Seriously one of the very best chocolates I have ever had! Order them here. I also think these would be a great Christmas gift (hint, hint.)
Monday, September 29, 2008
If you like to make lists, this book is for you. Half the fun of grocery shopping, party planning and wedding flower planning is the lists that I have to make to accomplish these tasks. This book is the end all be all of my list making fantasies (yes I have fantasies about list making, don't judge me.) I just bought this book today and I am almost half way through it! Find it here.
Friday, September 26, 2008
but may I just say to Meridith and Derek, please take your cue from our dear Pam and Jim, AND GET TOGETHER ALREADY!
And may I say to Grey's Anatomy & ABC (and I think I speak for all of us) I solemnly swear to continue watching Grey's even if the on again off again, on yet again and off yet again relationship between Dr's Grey & Shepherd story line is not there. So please put us all out of our misery and get them together, you do have quite a few other characters too you know. I just can't take it anymore, seriously it's old. As for The Office & NBC, I applaud you.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
First go see this:
"Collective" @ Sego Art Center (segoarts.org) features Pam Bowman, and Adam Bateman. Sego Art Center is open from 12 to 8 pm, Tue. through Sat. 169 N. Univ. Ave. Downtown Provo.
Then go to this:
Friday 26th University Avenue @ 1st North
Saturday 27th 13th East Center Street
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Luke and I headed down to India Fest the other day, it was amazing. Great food, beautiful surroundings and dancing. Although they did neglect to put these talented and beautifully adorned dancers in front of something nice to look at, instead they put them in front of a projection screen in half of a shed. So my pictures, not so great. But we had a great time and we are looking forward to their next event!
Monday, September 22, 2008
Saturday, September 20, 2008
8 reasons my Grandmother is the most exceptional person I know:
8. She keeps in very close contact with all of her children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, neighbors, waiters, cleaning ladies, plumbers, doctors, nurses, gardeners and well you get the idea. Chances are if you have spent an hour with Carol, she knows a lot about you, and will continue to learn everything about you; and will send you a card on your birthday and every major holiday.
7. She keeps fruit, cheese, nuts or anything that needs to stay cool in the dryer.
6. She has kept every letter and note from all of her children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, neighbors, waiters, cleaning ladies, plumbers, doctors, nurses and gardeners.
5. She does Tai Chi every Monday and drinks vinegar every morning.
4. If there is music within ear shot of her she will immediately begin to dance.
3. She is 88 and still wears 3 inch heals and looks better in them than I do.
2. She once took a fully cooked Turkey on a plane to Denver.
1. Carol is above all else kind and loving, she continues to show this to all she comes in contact with. We love her and wish her a very happy birthday and many more!
Friday, September 19, 2008
My dear friend Traci is the best. She is always willing to let me take tons of pictures of her as I learn more about photography. In almost every shoot, I start to get really excited (mostly because I am actually learning and because of Traci the photos look amazing) and she will roll her eyes and tell me how embarrassing I am. She will then proceed to jump in the air or anything else I tell her to do. Aren't friends the best, thanks Traci!!!
These photos were a sun flare & silhouette assignment.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Kudos to these lovely local girls and their excellent taste. So nice to see interesting wedding dresses in the enormity that is the Utah wedding scene. May I offer and extra nod to Duston Todd who took these photos, check him out here. Not only is Duston a talented photographer, he is wonderful to work with.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Sunday, September 14, 2008
I feel that there are people in your life that affect you so profoundly there just are not words to pay tribute to them. It also seems that these people are only given to us for a short but significant period of time. My grandfather is the embodiment of all these things. I miss him and I am so proud to be his granddaughter. It seems only fitting that I post of picture of him with the person that gave him so much joy, my grandmother.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Monday, September 8, 2008
Before enjoying a bevy of my posts, please donate to Nie Recovery. Whether it be $1, $5 or $500 every penny will help, plus you get that warm fuzzy feeling of helping someone else! Happy donating! And just in case you don't know what I am talking about, please click here, then come back and donate away.
My cousin Jeffrey went into the MTC this week to prepare to serve in the Calgary, Canada Spanish Speaking Mission. We got to hang out with our little Elder for a few days before he left. We wish him all the best and can't wait to hear from him! Good Luck Jeff!