Saturday, December 6, 2008

ah, Venice

Buon giorno, please stop visiting Venice, grazie. I don't think this was the message that the Venetian tourism board wanted to send out into the world, but their Mayor was forced to make the announcement Monday after record flooding. But leave it to Italians to make the best of a miserable situation.



Since I always have the travel bug, reading about this made me think of one of my favorite pastimes, traveling, thinking about traveling and list-making about traveling.

My will travel to (sooner than later) list (and in no particular order):
Spain
Iceland
Egypt
Thailand
Sweden
Mexico (I know, I know, most people have been here, but most people have a birth certificate before 16 . . . long story.)
Morocco
Ireland
South Africa
New Zeland
Russia
Iran (a girl can hope)
Chile
Armenia
Georgia (the country)
Czech Republic
Costa Rica
Finland
Germany
Japan
China
Portugal
Turkey
Israel
Brazil

Photos are courtesy The Boston Globe

5 comments:

Megann said...

I didn't see Brazil on that list...

Meikel said...

so sorry, Brazil definitely Brazil.

Family Oils said...

Since you'll be going to Sweden and Germany, might I suggest a stop in Denmark!! I lived there for a year and loved it...You could go during the Roskilde Festival... it's awesome!!

Megann said...

I would like to join you on as many of these adventures as possible! So lucky to have you as my favorite sister in-law!

Justin and traci said...

Have i have been to venice and I am awesome