Friday, February 13, 2009

superstitious

Photobucket

I have never been superstitious, irrational yes, but weird fears of specific calendar dates no. When we decided to get married on Friday the 13th (of May) several people were adamantly opposed to this apparently disastrous decision. "Are you sure? You know you want to start out on the right foot, are you sure you want to jinx your marriage like that?" I was under the impression that we were in the 21st century and didn't really take stock in such silliness. And so my darling husband and I decided to challenge fate and we tied the knot on Friday the 13th. It has been delightful ever since.

I am thinking of hanging this vintage Friday the 13th poster in my living room, I just think that would be really nice and inviting, don't you?

Photobucket

2 comments:

nicole said...

Meikel, what?? No wonder we hit it off! Dan and I did the same thing. We married on Friday the 13th in August. That is so funny, we had all the same reactions from people...

We were planning on August 14th, but here in California they did not understand that I was trying to plan a wedding in four months, so everything was booked - except the lovely 13th! No one else who was planning a year or two in advance wanted that date so we lucked out with open venues, caterers, photographers,etc.

I love it, I think it says something about us as a couple. Beat the odds. But, I would say no to hanging that poster in your home!

mycattripoli said...

hang it! hang it! hang it! because your marriage is doomed! oh people...what will you make me laugh w. next?