Monday, February 15, 2010

gratitude

Most of the time when I write on this blog it is about trivial things and so I don't worry about my inability to write well. But sometimes, like today I wish I could be more eloquent. 

For the past few months I have read so many stories on blogs and in the news about sick children, particularly infants. Some who I know, and most I don't but all who have made me profoundly grateful for a healthy baby. I think about these people all day, hoping for them. I suppose that prayers from strangers are just as useful. I hope they are.

I hope with all my heart that Weston and Lulu will recover quickly and that miracles like Bronson will happen for many. I think so often of Natalie and how courageous she is, all these mothers are tremendous humans I can't even begin to imagine what they have been through.

I feel so lucky to live in a time of extraordinary medical care, and although we have not needed it we are humbled to have it available to us should the need arise. And so we will continue to be hopeful for those who need it, and grateful for what we have.

If you are sick, make sure it isn't something worse, get better and steer clear of the little ones.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Amen, sister! I have found myself just floored by these stories- they're heartbreakingly sad but the parents are so faithful.

mycattripoli said...

amen sistah!